Fire Safety Stick Hand Held Fire Extinguisher 100 secondes
FIRE SAFETY STICK EXTINGUISHER
A must for every Competition Vehicle, Support vehicle, Roadcar, Home, Boat, Caravan & Motorhome
- Emission Time - 50 or 100 seconds depending on the option chosen
100 Second Option
- Emission Time - 100 Seconds
- Length - 32.8 cm
- Diameter - 3.3 cm
- Weight - 550 grams
- No Mess - Residue - Damage
- Works on all major fire types
- Lasts longer to fight fire
- Safe and Easy to use
- Non-toxic & environmentally safe / friendly
- No Maintenance required
- Small & Lightweight
The FSS is capable of extinguishing all types of fires in different classes,
- Class A: Solid material, ordinary combustibles such as wood, paper, fabric, plastics etc.
- Class B: Flammable liquids such as petrol, oil based paints, solvents, alcohol, acetone etc.
- Class C: Gaseous category, GLP, methane, acetylene etc.
- Class E: Electrical equipment fires subject to voltages up to 100.000V at a distance of 1m
- Class F: Cooking oil and fats
HOW DOES THE FIRE SAFETY STICK WORK?
The Fire Safety Stick (FSS) is a manual, portable fire extinguishing device. It uses a potassium powder jet (a unique method among conventional fire extinguishers) that employs the vaporisation of the powder in the environment followed by the condensation of its extinguishing substance. It works by interrupting a fire's chain of reaction (the "auto-catalyst" of the fire), effectively extinguishing a fire without making any mess or removing surrounding oxygen.
Fire Safety Stick is composed of stable, solid minerals; it does not contain gas and is not pressurised. The aerosol-like jet is only produced when the charger is struck with its base. The produced aerosol jet is free of thrust and is essentially an inert salt that emits gas already present in the atmosphere.
THE CHEMISTRY BEHIND IT
This process allows the FSS to extinguish all types of fires through saturation. It's slow bio-degradation in the environment furthers the prevention of subsequent fires / re-flash.
The extinguishing process involves two different reactions: one is physical and the other, chemical.
The physical reaction relates to potassium’s tendency to oxidise rapidly in air. When in contact with air, alkaline salts consume great quantities of oxygen, thus depriving fires of oxygen.
The chemical reaction is created through the stable link between potassium particles and the fire’s combustion particles.
Through the two reactions, a quick oxidation process takes place, immediately transforming the jet from a solid state into a gaseous state freeing the potassium particles. These atoms are able to intercept and interrupt any other free particles produced by the fire’s natural chain reaction combustion process.
Potassium has strong inhibitor qualities due to its weak ionisation energies. The extinguishing agent being used is composed of Potassium Nitrate, organic oxidiser and plasticisers resin.
When Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) discharges from the extinguisher it vaporises in the environment followed by the condensation of its extinguishing substance. When it reacts, it brakes down and the gas that is formed is made up primarily of free radicals of Potassium K+, of Nitrogen N (an inert gas) and water vapor.
The aerosol that comes out of the unit reacts with the fire. Potassium radicals (K+) attaches itself to the oxygen surrounding the fire robbing its ability to stick to the chain of combustion thereby extinguishing it and preventing a re-flash and all the time not affecting ones ability to breath that oxygen.
A simply illustration of the chemical reaction,
Stage 1 : Fire is initiated by the flame chain carriers: O, H and OH
Stage 2 : The Fire Safety Stick aerosol-like jet introduces Potassium radicals (K) into the flame chain
Stage 3 : K radicals attach themselves to O, H and OH and remove them from the flame reaction without depleting surrounding oxygen
- ODP Ozone Depletion Potential = Zero
- ATL Atmospheric Life Time = Zero
- Activation time: Immediate
- Usability temperature: from -140°F to +320°F
- Granulometry: from 2 to 4 microns
- Steam: none
- Residue after use: negligible
- Not Pressurised
- Usability humidity : up to 98% U.R.
- Does not need to be tested
- Requires no maintenance